What have I learnt from my GRI training?
This week I have attended a training on the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) in Barcelona. The GRI is the most extended standard for sustainability reporting. Although I still need to study and go deeper in this issue, my first conclusions are the following:
- A good GRI report does not necessarily mean a truly sustainable company
- A sustainable company will probably already have all processes and analysis in place to issue a good, consistent GRI report
- GRI is certainly not the only way how a company can communicate its sustainability strategy
- The main benefits from the GRI are the comparability between companies (benefit for the stakeholders) and the previous preparatory procedure (benefit for the company)
- Finding relevant aspects for your company (what the GRI calls “materiality analysis”) and the dialogue with your stakeholders are aspects far more important that deploying an exhaustive set of indicators
- GRI is a tool but not “the” goal
What do you think about the GRI? What’s your experience?
Entry filed under: Sin categoría. Tags: .